© 2022 Avadar, All Rights Reserved
Electric Bikes As The Main Transport For The City
Electric bikes as a means of urban transportation are gaining popularity year by year. It successfully competes not only with public transport but also with cars, motorcycles, and scooters. In our reality, it is easier and more convenient for many people to ride an e-bike, choose the best routes and avoid miles of traffic jams.
But it is not only the traffic jams that make citizens switch to electric bikes. In addition to maneuverability and freedom of movement, this mode of transportation convinces with the absence of harmful emissions, minimal maintenance costs, a wide range of uses, no parking problems, and other advantages.
In terms of efficiency of use in the city, e-bikes surpass not only minibusses and busses but also private cars.
Advantages of electric bikes in the city
Urban electric bikes are great for everyday commutes, business tasks, and outdoor activities. Their advantages:
- 1. Compactness and lightweight are important factors for transportation and storage.
2. Quiet operation and no harmful emissions.
3. Low maintenance costs. On average, 1 kWh of electricity lasts for a distance of 60 miles. Battery replacement is the most expensive, but Li-ion models can withstand more than 1000 charge/discharge cycles, LiFePO4 more than 2000. And even after that, they retain 80% of their original capacity. Therefore, lithium batteries last for several years even with intensive use of the resource.
4. The ability to charge the battery at any power outlet. Most e-bike batteries are removable, so you can easily take them home or to the office.
5. Versatility. A suitable electric bike can be chosen for people of any gender and age to solve business tasks, ride to work or school, meet friends, maintain an active lifestyle, and other purposes.
6. Freedom of movement and enjoyment of the ride, especially on nice days. In addition, the route can be moved through parks or squares. Steer and enjoy the ride, the bike motor does most of the work for you.
7. Save time – you do not need to wait for public transport, warm up the engine and stand in traffic jams. Therefore, you will usually reach your destination faster, especially on short routes and with good cycling infrastructure.
8. Easy parking – even if there is no bike parking nearby, the e-bike can be secured to a fence, railing, post, or other metal structure with a bike lock. A foldable model is easy to fold up and take with you.
9. Health benefits – cycling helps you stay fit and burn extra calories, and the presence of an electric motor allows you to vary the load. Such a means of transport is suitable both for active travel and for smooth rehabilitation after an illness when intensive loads are strictly contraindicated.
10. Free use, without registration of insurance and registration of the vehicle with the traffic police. Class 3 e-bikes may be ridden without a driver’s license. To ride a more powerful e-bike, you need a driver’s license.
Electric Bikes Benefit you and the city
An electric bicycle is an urban means of transportation with an optimal combination of features. It is useful for its owner, for the ecological situation in the city, and for the traffic on the roads. Belgian scientists have calculated that if at least 10% of cars are replaced by two-wheelers, the number of traffic jams will decrease by 40%. And if you replace 25% of cars with bicycles, the problem of traffic congestion will be completely solved.
Moreover, even a partial elimination of the internal combustion engine can reduce the noise and the number of exhaust gasses in the air. However, riding an e-bike is not only an environmentally friendly and economical way of moving around the room but also a pleasant experience. It is a good opportunity to combine a trip with a walk and an active vacation.
In addition to all the advantages of a bicycle, the e-bike has a high-torque electric motor, which, despite its compactness and quiet operation, proves to be a reliable assistant in road traffic. It allows the cyclist to master slopes and longer distances without unnecessary stress and fatigue. This allows us to think less about the pedals and focus more on the ride itself – from the situation on the road to the beauty of the surrounding nature.